Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Nine Loves









1. I love my lil miss Keira. She is getting so smiley and she loves to laugh at us when we tickle her belly, play the footsie game, or tickle her neck with smooches. She fills my days with happiness and I will take the shots of baby poo and getting puke in the mouth if I get those precious smiles at the end of the day.

2. I love my hubby. We have so much fun together and are our goofball, weirdo selves when we're around each other. He is the peanut butter to my jelly, the mac to my cheese, the cake to my fat girl. Plus he contributed to that pretty little girl up there so how bad can he be right?

3. I love my family. I can't wait to be closer to them again and for Keira to get to spend more time with them.
4. Okay so now that all of those cliche, obligatory loves are out the way let's get to the fun stuff. Just jokes ;) Anyway, I L.O.V.E fall. Like, I'm obsessed guys. When the pumpkin spice latte is back at Starbucks, I squeal. The thought of being able to comfortably wear a jacket outside puts a smile on my face. I jump up and down on the inside at the thought of going to a pumpkin patch, going on a hayride, and walking around in the crisp air. Loooooove. Fall.

5. I love to read. Ever since I was a kid I love getting to escape in a world that someone's imagination created. I have always gotten really attached to characters in books that I particularly love. I hope I can foster this love of reading in Keira, because it has always been something that brings me joy. I can't think of anything better than curling up in a cozy chair with some coffee in my hand and reading an amazing book.
6. I love to cook. I think more than anything, I like feeding people and knowing they liked what I created. I especially love baking. This love has gotten me into a bit of trouble around the waistline, if you know what I'm sayin'.

7. I love all things nerdy. Reading I've already gone over, but I really love going to Renaissance Fair's. I know it's so hokey and commercialized and not at ALL what the Renaissance was actually like, but I do not care. It's just fun. I like seeing all the crazy costumes, watching the shows, and walking around outside on no roads and feeling like I'm in a different time. Also, the turkey legs are pretty cool.
8. I love my Keurig. I'm telling you dude, if you love coffee, get you one of these babies. There are so many awesome flavors of Kcups (PUMPKIN SPICE!) and it is so. Easy. You just pop a k cup in, press a button, and bam, you have one single cup of coffee. They even have coffees meant to be brewed over ice, sweet iced tea, hot breakfast tea, hot chocolate, and my hubby's personal favorite, Apple Cider. I adore this thing. I swear I'm not getting anything from Keurig for this shameless plug, it is just a super cool product. (Although Keurig if you want to give me some free KCups, I will not object.)
9. Finally, I love home. I am from the most po dunk town in Kansas you could ever imagine. There is 1 stop light, a gas station, and everyone is seriously having a flipping cow that there's going to be a Pizza Hut built soon (can I say that I would also be freaking out if I still lived there, because come on..you can get pizza without having to drive a half hour. That is sweet). Everybody always talks about wanting to leave and get out of there. Well I have, to two very different parts of the country, and let me tell you, it's not that great out here. I miss home. I miss nice people that wave at you even if I have no clue who they are. I miss people that let you in when you need to merge on the highway instead of giving you the finger as they almost run you off the road. I miss the hillbilly's at Wal Mart that don't sass you. Say what you will, but there's no place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment