Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Beatles=love.

This is my keyboard.

My super awesome husband bought this for me a couple of years ago as a birthday gift. When I was younger, I took piano lessons for about 3 years. In passing one day I mentioned how I would really love to learn how to play again. Come my birthday, I open this as my gift, with some piano books. How sweet is that?

Lately I have felt like I waste so much time playing around on the internet, watching TV, and just generally stealing more oxygen from this Earth than it owes me. So....

This is the sheet music to Across the Universe by Paul McCartney and John Lennon (<3<3).

I have made it a new task to do something useful with my time. I am going to try to learn that song, on my keyboard, and in the process, not ruin the amazing name of two of my favorite dudes in history. Once I get it down really, really, really well (don't expect this for a good 3 months, probably) I will video myself playing it. I may even toss in some singing to the words...but probably not.

I want to learn how to play again. I don't expect to ever be concert ready. I figure it will be easier for me to stick with it if I'm learning songs I love to listen to, that I'm psyched to be able to play, rather than "There once was a girl from Montana...her name was Hannah..." from a Level One Schaum's piano lesson book.

This is me...looking at the sheet music...thinking of my task.


As you can see I don't have high hopes. But, at least in the process I will give my brain some work. It is screaming at me. It is 500 lbs after lack of exercise and me feeding it nothing but junk for far too long. Too bad, brain. Time to get your butt off the couch and get fit again.

Anybody want to join me? What have you wanted to do lately to feed your inner artist?

No comments:

Post a Comment