Sunday, September 26, 2010

Mil Spouse Friday (ish) Fill In

So I have seen a lot of the Army wives that I follow do this and I decided to start doing it as well. Mainly because it gives me something to blog about while I can be lazy and not have to think up a topic on my own :) It's supposed to be done every Friday, but I forgot, so it's mil spouse fill in Sunday for me.

1.What characteristic about yourself has either been strengthened or weakened due to your experience as a Military Spouse?
My independence has definitely been strengthened. When we were in college, I relied on Kyler far too much for everything. When he left for basic I had to take care of so many things on my own and be comfortable with just spending time with myself without him around. It took some getting used to. My patience has been weakened, ironically enough, since that's what the military loves to try the most.

2.What is your favorite vacation spot and why?
My favorite vaca spot here would be either Folly Beach or Myrtle Beach, SC. They are both beautiful, and there is amazing food there (namely-Rita's).

3.If you could have any fast-food restaurant in the food court on base/post what would you pick?
Taco Bell, which is what I always do have when we eat at the PX. There isn't a whole lot to choose from at this food court and I am a Taco Bell fiend anyways.

4.Where did you go on your honeymoon?
Branson, MO! We're big rollers. Seriously, it wasn't the bahamas or Hawaii or anything like that, but we had just as much fun. I wish we could go on our honeymoon trip every year. We went to Silver Dollar City and rode rides and looked around all the shops, which me and Kyler both love to do. We went to Ripley's Believe It or Not, and a Showboat Branson Belle cruise that was AWESOME. We had fancy food with a view of the lake at sunset the entire dinner and then got to see a show afterwards. We had awesome food. I loved our honeymoon!

5.If you could have any job in the world regardless of money, degree or experience, which job would you have and why?
Can you call reading books a job? I used to think I wanted to be an author but the thought of writing an entire book makes my head hurt. When you're a librarian you don't get to just read all the books you have to stock them, which is boring. I guess I would want to be a book critic, only I would want to pick what books I got to read.

3 comments:

  1. M and I want to go to Branson, too! He's been to Silver Dollar City but I never have. We have fun doing things like that, which is good because we can't afford a big vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highly recommend Branson!! Silver Dollar City is so fun, at least me and DH both think so. There are a couple of pretty decent rollercoasters, but I think my favorite part is all of the shops. They have an old fashioned candy shop, a glass blowing shop where you can watch a demonstration of them making something, toy shops, and there is some bomb apple cider...I think it's best to go in the fall, when it's okay to wear a jacket but not freezing, because the chilly air and that apple cider makes it perfect.

    We can't afford big vacations either, but we were perfectly happy going there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Branson sounds much better than my Hilton Head Island. I couldn't go two seconds without feeling like I was in a retirement community!!

    ReplyDelete