Monday, September 27, 2010

Operation Don't Gain 100 lbs While Pregnant.

I have been eating horribly. Seriously bad. We end up going out to eat a ridiculous amount of time. This has always been a problem for us...we are two people that just love fast food despite already having watched Supersize Me. Mostly though, it's because by the end of the day I have been so tired and sick feeling that the last thing I want to do is stand by the hot stove for an hour and cook food that smells disgusting. So going out to eat has been our go to thing. This has become very bad for our bellies, and our wallets. Fast food/restaurants get expensive.

Add on top of that the fact that I feel awful that I have been feeding my baby junk. That's irresponsible of me. I could never force myself to eat healthy for long just for me, but I have got to do this for my baby. There is a human in my belly counting on me to make smart choices so it can develop properly. I have to do my job, and I hope I haven't messed up this first 11 weeks so much that I can't repair it in the next 30. I have seriously not had the stomach to be able to exercise, but the sickness seems to have morphed from lasting all day to usually just the first 6 hours I'm awake, so I am going to start taking the dog for a walk since it has cooled off a bit.

So, from this point on, I vow to make better eating choices, eat fruits and veggies every day, add in exercise at least 3 times a week, and make indulgences rare. I also asked the husband if, for 1 month, we could not go out to eat a single time and see how it affects how we feel and how much money we have. Now we are going to have to make a couple of exceptions-his entire class is going out to eat at an Indian restaurant next week with their families also, so I don't want to keep him from that, and next weekend we are going to Folly Beach where there is RITA'S and we don't get the opportunity to have that often, either. So those are the two exceptions.

I figure I can post my meal plan on here and maybe that will be a way to keep me honest, and not to default to bad food when I don't have a plan. So, here is my meal plan for this week:

Monday
breakfast-maple nut oatmeal and bowl of grapes
lunch-1/2 turkey sandwich on wheat and a salad with zesty italian dressing
dinner-garlic lime grilled chicken, maceroni and cheese, peas
snacks-blueberries and strawberries in vanilla yogurt, nutri grain cereal bar, veggies dipped in 2 tbsp caesar dressing

Tuesday
breakfast-strawberry banana smoothie, 1 slice of wheat toast with 1 tbsp peanut butter
lunch-1 can progresso soup
dinner-chili made with extra lean ground beef
snacks-fruit in yogurt, nutri grain bar, veggies with dressing

Wednesday
breakfast-Raisin bran extra cereal with 2% milk
lunch-frozen healthy choice cafe steamer meal
dinner-hamburger helper, corn, side salad
snacks:cereal bar with an orange, grapes and blueberries, 1-2 servings low fat frozen yogurt

Thursday
breakfast-apple jacks cereal with 2% milk
lunch-frozen michelina tortellini meal
dinner-leftover chili
snacks:cereal bar with fruit, salad with veggies, whole grain crackers

Friday
breakfast-omelet with shredded cheddar, green pepper, and tomato
lunch-leftover Chili if there is any left, if not turkey sandwich on wheat with pickle on the side
dinner-Shepherd's Pie
snacks: cereal bar, fruit with yogurt, frozen yogurt

Saturday
breakfast-oatmeal with blueberries
lunch-soup and salad
dinner-baked chicken chimichangas
snacks: cereal bar, crackers, veggies

Sunday
breakfast-Mango banana smoothie, slice of wheat toast with peanut butter
lunch-Peanut butter and jelly sandwich on wheat, made with no sugar added preserves
dinner-stuffed bell peppers (stuffed with lean ground beef, rice, tomatoes, etc)
snacks: frozen yogurt, fruit and yogurt, crackers

Okay, so there's my plan for the week. I'll attempt to do this every Monday so that I have something set out for me to default to, instead of bad choices. At the end of October I will be blogging about how our no going out to eat plan worked out, and if I notice a difference in how I feel. I feel so much better about this list than what I've been eating the past couple of weeks and I'm actually excited to get cooking again.

I plan to have more options the next week as far as snacks go, but our budget was pretty low this week because of all the eating out and payday coming up. If anyone wants any of the recipes for the dinners, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment