Monday, October 4, 2010

Weekly Meal Plan Dos

The hubs and I went grocery shopping yesterday and went about 40 dollars over our weekly grocery budget. Woops. I have moved on to the stage of pregnancy where I eat and an hour later I'm hungry. I eat, hour later, hungry...and just keep repeating that throughout the entire day. It's really annoying to me because I'm not used to that-breakfast usually lasts me a good 4 hours, and the same with every other meal. So I had to get a lot more healthy snacks than I normally need so in between meals I have good things to go to.

That being said, I've read a lot of articles online telling people how to have a healthy Halloween...by which they mean, completely deprive yourself. I'm sure there are some health nuts out there cringing at what I'm about to say, but that seems like a really lousy way to live, in my opinion. It's once a year!!!! And if you count up all of the holidays where we typically indulge, it would come up to about 8 days per year, maximum. Are people really expected not to even have 8 days out of the year that they can put down the tofu and enjoy some good old candy, cheeseburgers, pies, and buttery mashed potatoes? I'm not endorsing eating like that all the time, but come on. Live a little. I know I for one plan to have a great Halloween filled with pumpkin pie, chocolate bars, smores, and hot dogs cooked on the grill. And no offense, but I'm sure I will be a lot happier that night than all those people listening to those articles and eating fruit platters instead. Just sayin'. I understand eating healthy, but it literally won't kill you to make yourself happy, be human, and indulge every now and then.

Anyway, here is my meal plan for the week, that is mostly healthy, but I do plan on making a pumpkin pie. Yes I'm pregnant and no, I don't only eat fruits and vegetables. Judge away ;)

Monday:
Breakfast-breakfast burrito with two scrambled eggs, green onion, and cheddar cheese, pineapple fruit cup in 100% juice
Lunch-chicken sandwich on wheat bread with lettuce, tomato, onion, and a side salad
Dinner-Shepherd's Pie
Snacks-bowl of grapes with string cheese and baked cheese crisps, nutri grain yogurt cereal bar, veggies

Tuesday:
Breakfast-Cereal
Lunch-Healthy Choice Cafe Steamer
Dinner-This is one of our exceptions for the month-going to dinner with Kyler's class at an Indian restaurant.
Snacks-banana, string cheese, cheese crisps, cereal bar, veggies, fruit

Wednesday:
Breakfast-Cereal
Lunch-Healthy Choice Cafe Steamer
Dinner-Italian shells and cheese hamburger helper with peas
Snacks-same as above

Thursday:
Breakfast-Cereal
Lunch-frozen meal
Dinner-homemade chicken and dumplings
Snacks-same as above

Friday:
Breakfast-Oatmeal with fruit
Lunch-We are going to Folly Beach this day, so we will probably have to pick up something on the road
Dinner-RITA'S! :)
Snacks-same as above

Saturday:
Breakfast-breakfast burrito
Lunch-Turkey sandwich on wheat, side salad
Dinner-Enchilada's
Snacks-same

Sunday:
Breakfast-Cereal
Lunch-Sandwich with veggies
Dinner-Pepper steak
Snacks-Same.

As with last week if anyone is interested in any recipes, let me know and I'd be happy to hand 'em over. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment